Infogalactic is an online encyclopedia that aims to avoid possessing the bias and bureaucracy of Wikipedia. It was founded in late January 2016[note 1] and announced to the public on October 10, 2016. It is a fork of Wikipedia, meaning that it is built on a copy of Wikipedia but diverges from it through further editing and development.
Infogalactic is founded on the "Seven Canons". The Seven Canons are as follows:
- Infogalactic does not define reality.
- Infogalactic is written from an objective point of view.
- Infogalactic is free content.
- No griefing.
- Play nice and play fair.
- Rules are guidelines for users, not chew toys for lawyers.
- Facts are facts.
- Renegade (2016-10-10). "PR 20161010". Infogalactic. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Nolan, Lucas (2016-10-10). "Infogalactic Launches as Alternative to Biased Wikipedia". Breitbart. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- Day, Vox (2016-10-10). "Project Big Fork: Infogalactic". Vox Popoli. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Day, Vox (2016-10-10). "The doubters doubt". Vox Popoli. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Crew; Renegade (2016-10-10). "Infogalactic:Seven Canons". Infogalactic. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core