Musings:Idris' list of video games for monarchists and nationalists
(Redirected from List of video games for monarchists and nationalists)
For the benefit of our readers, 👑 we present to you a list of video games that allow the player to roleplay as a nationalist monarchist.
- Crusader Kings II – Roleplay as a monarch or an aspiring monarch. Choose to respect legitimacy or become an usurper. Advance through birthright or through war and conquest. Advance the interests of your character's faith, family, and nation.
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard – Role-play as Cyrus the Redguard and avenge Crown Prince A'tor and achieve a better deal for your people.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind – Fulfill your destiny as the Nerevarine – the reincarnated Nerevar, champion of legitimacy and tradition – by uniting the Great Houses and Ashlander tribes and defeating those who have usurped divinity and established religions based on false pretenses, and setting the course for the restoration of traditional worship.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Support Nord nationalist contender and aspiring liberator Ulfric Stormcloak or pro-Empire Elisif the Fair in either of their bids for the throne of Skyrim. Aid vanquished Reachman liberator Madanach escape from captivity and expel foreign influence over the Forsworn.
- Fallout: New Vegas – Support history-minded philosopher-autocrat Caesar of the purpose-minded (albeit implemented via a noble lie), fascist, Roman-esque Caesar's Legion, or the pandering Aaron Kimball of New California Republic, or egomaniac Mr. House, or secure New Vegas' independence with the aid of Yes Man.
- Far Cry 4 – Undermine tyrannical usurper Pagan Min and support either traditionalist Sabal, who plans to enthrone Bhadra as a Dalai Lama-esue monarch, or support the Communist Amita.
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – Aid your homeland of Bohemia against usurper Sigismund of Luxembourg and his army of foreigners, avenge your family, and discover your true heritage.
- Knights of the Old Republic – Support the legitimate chieftain and traditionalist Freyyr, or support tyrannical usurper and modernist Chuundar, who sold out his people to the foreign Czerka Corporation. By the end of the game, the player has the option of becoming a Sith and challenging tyrannical usurper Darth Malak for the throne of the Sith Empire. If the player becomes a Sith, defeats Darth Malek, and enthrones themselves as the legitimate Dark Lord of the Sith, the player can imagine their character crushing the dying, egalitarian Republic and establishing an effective, aristocratic monarchy. Unfortunately, the sequel has the player character disappearing into space instead.
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords – Support nationalist contender for the throne Vaklu or the reigning yet liberal and pro-Republic Queen Talia.
- Mount & Blade: Warband – Interact with reigning monarchs and claimants. Aid whoever you believe is more legitimate and / or better for their nation. Or forge your own kingdom.
(forever indebted to the Magnificent and Merciful God (ﷻ))
King of Monarchists.Wiki, Proprietor of the Domains, Cultivator of Talent, Culture, and Excellence, and Defender of Faith and Civilization
Initially published on April 25, 2017
Last updated on June 04, 2019