Monarchists.Wiki:Selected anniversaries/June 10
This is a list of selected June 10 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only five to six events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled June 10, 2020 featured article or the June 10, 2020 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick Barbarossa drowned in the Saleph River in Anatolia.
- 1329 – Byzantine–Ottoman wars: A heavily armed imperial force was defeated in the Battle of Pelekanon.
- 1719 – Jacobite risings: British forces defeated an alliance of Jacobites and Spaniards at the Battle of Glen Shiel in the Scottish Highlands.
- 1805 – The United States signed a treaty with Yusuf Karamanli, the Pasha of Tripoli, ending the First Barbary War and agreeing to pay him US$60,000 in exchange for American prisoners of war.
- 1838 – At least 28 Indigenous Australians were massacred near Inverell, New South Wales.
- 1861 – American Civil War: The infogalactic: only suffered eight casualties in its victory in the Battle of Big Bethel in York County, Virginia.
- 1864 – American Civil War: Confederates defeated a much larger Union force at the Battle of Brice's Cross Roads near Baldwyn, Mississippi.
- 1871 – Nine days after Korean shore batteries attacked two American warships, an American punitive expedition landed and captured several forts on Ganghwa Island.
- 1878 – The League of Prizren was officially founded "to struggle in arms to defend the wholeness of the territories of Albania".
- 1918 – World War I: Italian torpedo boats sank the Austro-Hungarian dreadnought SMS Szent István (pictured) off the Dalmatian coast.